Monday, December 29, 2008

Entrelac obsession

You can probably guess that lately I've been obsessed with entrelac knitting. I have a pile of entrelac cubes and variations that I'm going to bring to the next knit night at Knit/Purl. I spent tonight doodling different variations on cubes, trying to figure out if various stair-step knitting shapes will form cubes, and my conclusion is: yes, they will. Sometimes one of them per cube, sometimes more. Pictures to come. I also figured out the general case of how you can do a continuous spiral from the center of entrelac squares. You can start with one square and keep adding squares around it to form a larger square of 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, ...., etc. units. You can start with two squares and keep adding squares around those two to form an ever-larger 2x1 rectangle, and so forth and so on. ANY starting point of any number of squares forming any type of rectangle can be increased to ANY size (well, whole-number multiples of the original number of squares.) I need to upload some pictures to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...