Thursday, October 08, 2009

dy/dan » Blog Archive » You Have No Life

It's so obvious to me that the kind of person who would create a cocktail-mixer from balsa wood and twine is simply blowing off steam that life will eventually focus in a direction that will be extremely a) constructive, b) profitable, or c) both. I can't make this obvious to my students. After six years I lack a succinct, meaningful response to my students' defensive, clannish embrace of mediocrity, though I'm grateful for this tweet, which comes pretty close:

dwineman: You say "looks like somebody has too much time on their hands" but all I hear is "I'm sad because I don't know what creativity feels like."

Love this tweet.

Posted via web from fuzzyjay's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...